Tuesday, July 28, 2020

UNIVERSAL CRAFT INK PAD ORGANISER - Part 2

This unit is made out of foam core (like the Real Estate signs) but is coated in plastic giving it stability.


Here is what the unit looks like when leaning back on your table, you can see the colours but unfortunately you cant put labels on the shelves as they are too small  (I love labels!).


I store my blender pads two different ways - with the Distress Inks, I velcro the blender pad underneath the ink pad, but be warned, they will stain your unit when you slide the ink pad in the slot. This doesn't worry me but for some, it might.


If you prefer to store your inks upside down or straight, you can turn this unit over so that you can do this. A lot of dye inks can be stored on an angle like the first photo without any problems. Tim Holz has stated that you can store his inks anyway you like without any problems.



The larger ink pad in the above photo is a Pigment Ink - never, never store them straight up like this, it will cause all the ink to flow to the bottom corner. Pigment inks are a wet ink, store them flat. I always store my Pigment Inks upside down as I want the ink to be at the top of the pad and not at the bottom.





As you can see by the photos above, the shelves are not wide enough to take a large ink pad straight in - they can only be put in by the shortest end, leaving half the ink pad hanging over. This isn't a problem if you are not going to move the unit.

If you do have Pigment inks that you want to store in this unit, the above 2 photos show how you should store them (although, as I said, I would store mine upside down).

StazOn, Large Archival, Momento, Versamark ... any large ink pad will need to be stored the same way as above, but for the price, its awesome!

You can see the Distress Oxide ink stains in the first photo - I bought 5 of these but have only made up 1 so far. Again, this doesn't bother me as they will always go back in the same place.









No comments:

Post a Comment

CONTOUR MAKE UP BRUSHES

My very favourite brushes for inking and stencilling are the contour make up brush.  There are two types I use:      These ones are the norm...